Wednesday 24 February 2010

Shizuka na Hibi no Kaidan Wo

Climb The Stairs Of Quiet Days.



One my favourite movies is Battle Royale.
It's premise is about a 'game' called The Program. Basically a way of instilliing random, histeric fear into the Japanese population. Every year a group of school children are chosen to take part in the event which consists of a fight to the death.
That's the basic outline, wiki it or something if you want to know more.
Anyway, I watched this maybe 6 years ago and it captivated me. Not only because i find Japenese girls insanely attractive (if i was a girl i'd want to be a small, skinny Japanese girl with killer legs, quirky fashion, and insane bangs), but because I couldn't stop thinking about what i would do in this situation.
I'd either be the first to die because i just don't give a shit, i'd probably just try and get some action with a guy i fancy and end up getting an axe to the head.
Or i'd get drawn into it and take things way too seriously. I don't think i'd win, i'm just not that aggressive, but i'd get pretty far.

In any case, check it out if you haven't. It's not everyone's type of film, it's in Japanese, subtitles English. It's available on DVD, but it looks like this guy has uploaded it all to YouTube. Thanks this guy.

Check out the trailer and one of my favourite songs from the movie below:



No comments: