Sunday 29 August 2010

I'm in a bar about 10 minutes walk from where the main gay street is in Manchester.
It's the Pride parade day. I have a rainbow flag painted on my arm.
I'm with JR-known her since I was 16
G-met at uni
I-G's friend who i've met a few times, neice of Sir Ian McKellen (who opened the parade)

I return from the toilet and hear some chav asking G why she has a rainbow painted on her face.

G: 'I'm showing my support for Pride!'
I sit down.
Chav: 'Are you gay?'
Me: 'Yes, what am I being too subtle?' (pointing to the rainbow)
Chav: 'Oh ok, I know a gay guy from work, he's alright. He gives me tips for the gym.'
Me: 'Oh, great.'
JR: 'That's such a weird thing to say. I work with someone with the same colour hair as you, he's alright. How do you feel about that?'

So i'm actually going out for pride tonight. Gotta go to my Dad's first but from about 7 it is ON. I don't know if we'll be going out tomorrow so tonight will probably be my only chance to test out my theory.

No comments: